Childish Gambino: A Study in Being Awesome at Everything.

, , 1 comment
Salam, my lovely ladies and gents. That would be hello in Azerbaijan, which I just now learned is a country. It's been a week of sleep deprivation and exhaustion for me, possibly for you as well, so I shall do us both a favour and drop an inspiration post right here.

Feeling pumped already. swiss-lifestyler

Start untangling your earphones now, folks, I'm about to go audio up in this mother! Today's focus is... drum-roll please, Childish Gambino, also known as Donald Glover or Troy Barnes from hit TV comedy series, Community. Now before we go any further, allow me to segue into these actors who can actually pass for teenagers on the street while being in their 30's or frigging 40's.

Sorcerers!

I found that pic on the internet and totally didn't alter it AT ALL so it must be true. Indirect online proposals of marriage aside, Donald Glover has been selected as a point of inspiration for obvious reasons: beloved actor (seriously, Troy is the best), writer for one of the greatest shows of our time, (30 Rock!!) producer of musical genius, comedian and most flownominal rapper, Glover's diverse range of skills and creative outlets speaks to me on a personal level.

seriously, Troy is the best. ordinaryperson

For me, the wide, wide range of talents possessed by the Donald the Great is not just impressive (and it really is), it makes it ok to be good at a bunch of things and not feel pressured to find your "one true calling" or "The One" thing you're good at doing.

Double entendre for the wiiiin. wallsave

 It can be argued that Donald's ultimate goal is to entertain, but by being blessed with so many avenues to do this, the skill is diversified and therefore made unique. To me, Donald is awesome because across all these routes, he stays REAL. Observe:

I used to get called "oreo" and "f*****"
I used to get more laughs when i got laughed at
Oh you got a mixtape? That’s fantastic
But everybody thought it was jokes though
They half right, the joke is
I got flow so don't act like
You ain't sittin' there with your friends like, it can't be
i know Donald Glover, he weak man, he can't be
I’m still knocked down, but i up the ante
Me and hip-hop, that black Sid and Nancy
-From "Firefly" by Childish Gambino

Donald speaks very candidly about being bullied and hassled because he didn't fit in the stereotypical racial box he was meant to, as well as choosing to pursue a goal that seems unattainable. Don? Donny? Sweetie? See below:

It's ok now, I'm here. serfsurviving

I can completely get behind his philosophy on creating content:

All i do is make the stuff I wanna write
Reference shows I wanna watch, reference girls I wanna bite
-From "Firefly" by Childish Gambino



On being on his grind from 2002 and staying motivated:

I have worked all winter, I will not fail summer
-From "Freaks and Geeks" by Childish Gambino


On the true definition of swag:

You get sloppy drunk, I stay whiskey neat
-From "Freaks and Geeks" by Childish Gambino

me on whisky neat. funchilly

Donald. D-money. Dondizzle, stay awesome. Seriously, you're the best. 

The best. Seriously. khanversations

This has been an Inspiration Experience from your mystic Inspiration Butterfly guide, Master Eveia.
To recap:
-Disregard the detractors: have a thick skin and find humour in the darkest bits of your life
-Be good at everything you're good at
-The crab-slide-lewd-gesture entrance is the ONLY entrance.


The only one. And blog post conclusion. youaresuperfantastic


UPDATE: Drop whatever you're doing and go read/watch Because the Internet right immediately now.

1 comment:

  1. I am Alecia,from what I can read. It has been sad news and scam to everyone about Voodoo casters or so. But to me they are so real cause one worked for me not quite two weeks.i met this man on a blog his name is Dr Abalaka is a very powerful man.I traveled down to where his shrine his and we both did the ritual and sacrifice.he had no website site, and now me and my ex are living very ok now.I don't know about you but Voodoo is real;love marriage,finance, job promotion ,lottery Voodoo,poker voodoo,golf Voodoo,Law & Court case Spells,money voodoo,weigh loss voodoo,diabetic voodoo,hypertensive voodoo,high cholesterol voodoo,Trouble in marriage,Barrenness(need a child),Luck, Money Spells,it's all he does. I used my money to purchase everything he used he never collected a dime from. He told me I can repay him anytime with anything from my heart. Now I don't know how to do that. If you can help or you need his help write him on (dr.abalaka@outlook.com) i believe that your story will change for better,or if you have any question you can contact me here as 1001madonado@gmail.com if you have any question Thank you.

    ReplyDelete